Hokkai at Home: Snack platter
Products used in this recipe
IntroductionHokkai at Home at Anne (29) from Haarlem: “A delicious drink is served best with a good snack platter. I certainly do not turn down Dutch bitterballen and cheese sticks, but I also enjoy serving other snacks. My boyfriend and I eat fish from Hokkai on a weekly basis, but we had never tried the fish snacks before. I was familiar with Ebi-fry and Edamame, but Takoyaki and Shishamo were new to me. It was definitely worth a try, the snack platter was also well received by our friends. ”
- Defrost the Shishamo in cold water for 15 minutes in an unopened package.
- Place the freshly frozen Ebi-fry and Takoyaki in the deep fryer at 180 ℃ for 5 minutes.
- If you do not have a deep fryer, heat 2 cm of sunflower oil in a pan and fry the products while turning.
- The Eby-fries are ready when they turn golden brown. The Takoyaki’s are ready when you can easily pierce them with a toothpick. This is approximately after 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the oil by placing the fried snacks on a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, place a small pan of water and bring it to boil. Add the Edamame to the boiling water and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Bake the thawed Shishamo in the oven at 230 ℃ for 6 minutes.
- When all snacks are ready, it is time to prepare the sauces. A cup of sweet chili sauce for the Ebi-fry’s, some okonomi sauce and (Japanese) mayonnaise for the Takoyaki (which are included in the package), and some extra salt for over the Edamame.
- Place the snacks on a nice snack platter and enjoy!