Chef’s Recipe: Aji Fry
Product used in this recipe
IntroductionChef Ohtawara explains how to make Aji Fry (deep-fried horse mackerel). You can enjoy it with two persons while having a drink or eat it on your own as a nice lunch.
- Defrost the Aji no Sashimi in the refrigerator or in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Mix the eggs, water, flour, salt and pepper with a fork into a smooth batter.
- Cut the horse mackerel into small slices. Dip the slices of horse mackerel into the batter.
- Then roll the horse mackerel through the panko until it is completely covered.
- Fry the horse mackerel at 180 degrees for about 5 minutes until the Aji Fry turns golden brown.
Tip: Give this dish an extra Japanese twist by placing a shiso leaf between two slices of horse mackerel. Hold together with a toothpick and fry it in the fryer.