Hokkai Recipe: Oden set
Product used in this recipe
IntroductionOden is a one-pan dish with delicious products such as surimi and different types of fishcakes. It’s very simple to prepare and you can add as many ingredients as you like. With our Oden Set, you can put a delicious Japanese fish fondue on the table easily and quickly.
- Boil 800 ml of water.
- Add the sauce from the packet to the boiled water and boil for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- After waiting for 5 minutes, add all the products from the packet to the soup and cook it on a low heat for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil 2 eggs in a separate pan.
- Peel the boiled eggs and add them to the soup, along with some vegetables of your choice (for example radish or carrot). Cook it all together a little longer. Depending on how hard you like your vegetables, you can add them to the pan earlier.
- Serve the soup with the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy a delicious Oden! Add Japanese mustard for extra flavour.
- Tip: Oden will taste even better the next day when the flavour of the dashi (stock) has been infused even more into the ingredients!