Hokkai at Home: Mackerel in miso sauce with noodles
Product used in this recipe
IntroductionHokkai at Home with Sannah (44) from Rijswijk: “I live by myself and have a hectic job. Thus I do not cook very often and usually choose for the convenience of takeout. This is not always healthy and it can also be quite expensive. Therefore, I have tried several mealboxes of which the Hokkai Fukubukuro was the absolute winner. I have never tasted such delicious fish! And even I can effortlessly create a tasty meal. Defrost the fish and bake in the oven, cook some rice or noodles and stir fry the vegetables. Simply to die for!”
- Thaw the mackerel fillets in the package in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 230 ℃.
- Cut the leeks into fine rings and remove the ends of the snow peas.
- Roast the grated coconut in a dry frying pan until golden brown and set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in the same frying pan and stir fry the leeks with the herbs and soy sauce over medium heat for 5 minutes. Then add the snow peas and stir fry 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, remove the thawed mackerel from the packaging, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and place in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package and drain.
- Add the noodles together with the mackerel and half of the coconut to the leek mixture. Heat for 2 more minutes while stirring.
- Scoop everything into two large bowls and sprinkle with the remaining coconut.