Hokkai at Home: Salmon sashimi with ponzu
Product used in this recipe
IntroductionHokkai at Home with Julia (22) from Haarlem: “I just moved in with my boyfriend, which means that now every day we have to think about what we should eat today. Thanks to the Hokkai Fukubukuro, I always find something delicious in my freezer. Like the Sake (Salmon) Sashimi, which I prepared with spring onion, garlic flakes and ponzu. On the side, I cooked some Japanese rice and spinach with shiitake. Simple, tasty and fast!”
- Defrost the fish for 30 minutes in the package in cold water.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Chop the spring onion and put it aside.
- Cut the garlic with a sharp knife into thin slices.
- Heat some olive oil in the pan and deep fry the garlic slices until they are gold brown.
- Take the garlic flakes out of the pan and set aside to cool.
- Leave the pan over medium-high fire, open the salmon package and carefully place the salmon the pan.
- Bake each side only 1,5 minutes so that the salmon remains beautifully raw and pink on the inside.
- Take the salmon sashimi out of the pan and place them on a heated plate.
- Top the salmon with the spring onion and garlic flakes.
- Bake the spinach together with the shiitake in the same oil you baked the garlic and the salmon. Only add some salt and pepper.
- Serve the salmon and spinach with some rice and ponzu.