Hokkai at Home: Sake Sashimi with avocado
Product used in this recipe
IntroductionHokkai at Home with Sachiko (40) from Amsterdam: “In Japan, it is very easy to buy super fresh fish for sashimi. In the Netherlands, this is almost nowhere to be found. For a long time I have been looking for fresh salmon and tuna to make sashimi, but unfortunately without success. Until I discovered the products of Hokkai Suisan a few years ago. My family and I were finally able to enjoy the best quality sashimi in the Netherlands, as well as all kinds of other authentic Japanese fish products. Whenever eating Hokkai fish, it feels as if I am back home in Japan. ”
- Defrost the salmon in the package for half an hour in cold water.
- Mix the onion, ginger, soy sauce, sushi vinegar and mirin (or sugar) with a mixer until it is a smooth sauce.
- Heat the sauce in a pan or a minute and a half in the microwave. This removes the sharpness from the onion and evaporates the alcohol from the mirin.
- When the sauce has cooled, add the sesame oil and lime juice.
- Then cut the salmon and avocado into slices.
- Take a nice plate and place alternately the slices of salmon and avocado. Pour the sauce over it and finish with the toppings.