Hokkai at Home: Mackerel with vegetables from the oven
Product used in this recipe
IntroductionHokkai at Home with Emilie (30) from Amsterdam: “I feel completely at home in the kitchen. I love trying out new products and dishes. For a while now I have been eating less meat and cooking with fish more often. So I was looking for more variety and that’s how I came to Hokkai Suisan. The range is so extensive that when I placed my first order, I couldn’t make up my mind and went for the Hokkai Freshly Frozen Box Hokkai Freshly Frozen Box. I received (marinated) fillets, sashimi, snacks and even a curry at home. All of top quality! By now, my freezer is almost empty, so time to place another order. This time I know better which fish products I want to try.”
- Thaw the mackerel in the packaging in cold water for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Make a sauce of the miso paste, honey, sesame oil and sunflower oil.
- Slice the eggplant and spread the miso sauce over it with a brush.
- Finely chop the garlic and pepper. Wash the sweet potato, cut into pieces and mix with the sunflower oil, red pepper and garlic.
- Put the eggplant and the sweet potato in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Cut the bok choy and fry in sesame oil with sesame seeds.
- Fry the mackerel in another pan in sunflower oil over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and sprinkle the spring onion and furikake over the eggplant.
- Divide the fish and vegetables between two plates and pour two glasses of (red) wine.