Hokkai Tutorial: how to cut sashimi Hokkai at Home: Cod with green vegetables
Ingrediënten (voor 3 maki’s)
- Defrost the sashimi in cold water (tuna in ice water).
- Cook the rice according to the package (or see this video for a more thorough explanation on how to cook Japanese rice).
- Put the cooked rice in a bowl.
- Pour in the sushi vinegar.
- Let the rice cool down. Use a fan if necessary.
- Remove the core of the cucumber and the seed of the avocado. Cut the vegetables into small strips.
- Cut the shiso leaves in half and remove the stems.
- Cut the sashimi into strips of about 1cm thick and 10 cm long.
- Cover the left side of a nori leaf with a layer of rice.
- Place the vegetables and sashimi diagonally on top of the rice.
- Roll up the temaki by pulling the bottom left corner upwards and turning it inwards. Then roll up the temaki like a cone bag.
- Serve with soy sauce and fresh wasabi.